Friday, June 6, 2008

Jog and Smog

I haven’t jogged in a long time. I used to jog in a gated community on weekends near the dorm I stayed in. But there has been politically driven threats lately (how else would threats be driven?) that it was a bit dangerous to run around there, though it was heavily guarded. Too bad for the senior citizens who used to gather in the community’s little circle to do aerobics.

I also just moved in to a new place along a super highway that spares no lane for walking or smelling the flowers. Crazy motorists abound, and looking up, there is more smog than cloud. Sometimes, even when up in our cozy little unit turned away from the highway, my used astringent-soaked cotton ball would still remind me of the dark cloud that literally hangs above our heads. My cotton ball, an excellent mirroring of the freak of nature that is the metro smog.

1 comment:

The Countess said...

Kimita dear! How art thou? Watch out for them crazy motorists. Kisses!